We've encountered a minor setback. Our home study document was lost. The server went down, and the entire document was lost last week. Our social worker has been working this week to retype everything. Was I frustrated? Yep. Did I have a pity party for us? A little one. Did I get angry? Yep. Have I lost faith? No way. As I've had time to process everything, it got me even more excited. As I talked with my dear friend, C, last night, I was reminded this happened for a reason. I know the Lord will choose the perfect baby for us. We may not know why that server crashed until we hold our child in our arms. I stumbled across an adoption blog today, and it discussed Habakkuk 2:3 - For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.
The blog actually had this translation: Habakkuk 2:3 - But these things I plan won't happen right away, slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient, for it will surely take place. It will not be late by one single day.
Wow - that version spoke right to me when I needed it the most. I was reminded that every delay is guided by Him. We have to have faith that our desire to be parents will be fulfilled at the perfect time. It will not be late by one single day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Just wanted to let you know that you were in my morning prayers. You popped into my mind and now I know why. I am glad to see your attitude on the server crash. You encourage me. Something is coming to you in campus mail that I sent this morning before reading this post.
ReplyDeleteHello Spay-row and Matt! I happened to find you on my google reader recommended read list yesterday, and I am so thankful that you were on there! What an amazing job you are doing in documenting this journey-you AND that precious baby will love having this! I am praying for you daily, and I simply cannot wait to meet Baby Dunn one day. I've not made it through your blog yet, but I am reading every word-absolutely amazed at your positive attitude through what could be a very stressful and frustrating process...that baby is going to be blessed with the greatest parents ever!!! I am so glad to have found you, friend!!!!!!
ReplyDelete